Main Container

Drawer Trigger



my trinity logo
Libertas Crest
  • Libertas Preparatory School
  • Independent Study

Frequently Asked Questions (International)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q From which countries does Trinity accept international students?
A Trinity welcomes students from all countries.

Q Which colleges have Trinity students been accepted to?
A Trinity Students have been accepted from many prestigious universities (link to brochure). Because of the exceptional college preparation with many honors and Advanced Placement courses, international students who attend our school for 3 to 4 years may have higher college placements than students who only attend only 1 or 2 years.

Q What grade levels do you accept for international students?
A Trinity welcomes grades 7-11. We do not accept students new to the United States in grade 12.

Q Do you take new international students to Trinity in the spring semester (beginning early January)?
A No, we do not take applications for Spring semester.

Q When is the application due?
A Trinity accepts applications year round. Since we have a limited amount of international student spots, you will need to have your application for the Fall turned in no later than March 1.

Q How can I have the best opportunity to be accepted into Trinitys’ international student program?
A Students have the highest percentage of acceptance if they apply early (by March 1). We will be looking for students who can demonstrate a high level of English skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing, who have high marks in their current school, excellent recommendations, and can show involvement in programs right now that they will continue in once accepted to Trinity, such as fine arts, athletics, theatre, clubs, etc.

Q What is the application process for international students?
A Documents which need to be submitted on-line are:

  • Application, filled out by the parent, guardian, or student, along with the application fee of $125.
  • a. Official academic records (grades) for the current school year and the last two school years, stamped, sealed, and translated into English. If accepted we will need the student’s current school transcript. It must be stamped, sealed, and translated into English.
    b. Complete immunization records translated into English.
    c. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
    d. Completed parent, guardian, or clergy statement.
  1. Sports form
  2. Bank document translated in English

There also needs to be an original copy of your English proficiency test.

After all application materials have been submitted and receive initial approval, an interview is scheduled. If the student is not in the Los Angeles area, the interview will be done via a webcam using Skype. Final admissions decisions are made immediately that day of the skype interview.

Q What about the I-20 and F-1 visa?
A International students must obtain an F-1 visa from their local US Embassy to attend school in the U.S. for more than one year. In order to obtain an F-1 visa, the international student must first be accepted at a SEVIS-approved school, such as Trinity Classical Academy. After the student has been accepted to Trinity, you will be issued the I-20. We send the I-20 by certified mail courier to the student in their home country. The student then takes this form to the U.S. Embassy and requests an F-1 visa.

Q Does Trinity Classical Academy offer homestay?
A Trinity does work with a trusted homestay agency that helps place students into safe and loving homes. Students live with a Trinity family or Trinity approved family.

Q Does the student have to be a Christian to attend Trinity Classical Academy?
A Trinity Classical Academy is a distinctly Christian environment, and students seeking to enroll at Trinity should be willing to explore and discover Biblical principles on a daily basis. Although we understand that not every student will come to Trinity with a decision already made to follow Christ, the student should expect to be immersed in a Christian worldview and should have a basic understanding of the tenets of the faith (see Trinity’s Statement of Faith for more information). We encourage students to ask questions and examine the Christian faith in order to make a personal decision, however, we do expect civil and respectful discussions. In addition, at least one custodial parent must profess a personal, saving relationship with Jesus Christ. It is expected that the student regularly attends his or her home church with their family, and is active in a youth group, ministry or discipleship group.

Q What is the weather like in Los Angeles?
A The Los Angeles Area has some of the nicest weather in the entire world! Summer temperatures average about 83 degrees Fahrenheit (28 degrees Celsius) during the day and winter temperatures average about 63 degrees Fahrenheit (17 degrees Celsius) during the day. There is very little humidity in our region and not much rain—only about 15 inches of rain per year, mostly in December, January and February. There is snow (and skiing!) up in the mountains a few hours away.

Q When do students return to their home country?
A Students typically fly to their home country for the Christmas break and Summer break. This is an expense that the student is responsible for.

Q Is there financial aid available for international students?
A We are sorry, but there is not financial aid for students attending Trinity from other countries.

Q Do students need health insurance to attend Trinity?
A Yes, all international students must have health insurance to attend our school. They may select and purchase their own health plan in their home country if it is recognized in California, they may purchase a plan in California immediately upon arriving, or they may purchase a plan on our website.

Q Who should I contact for more information about the Trinity International Student Program?
A We are so glad you are learning more about Trinity Classical Academy—we love and care for each international student in our program and want to answer all your questions. Please contact the Director of Admissions, Elizabeth Hosmann at

Helpful Websites:

You may wish to go to the following websites for helpful information concerning your child’s education in the U.S.

SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program)

U.S. State Department – General Information

For the nearest U.S. Embassy in your home country

Wait times for your Visa interview

U.S. education information