Trinity at a Glance
Trinity Classical Academy is a coeducational, college preparatory, independent, liberal arts TK-12 school that was founded in 2001 on the classical, Christian educational model.
- Total enrollment for 2018-19 is 560
- Rhetoric School (9-12) has 184 students
- Senior class of 2019 numbers 42
- The student body is equally divided between boys and girls
- Ethnic diversity is reflective of surrounding community
- We welcomed 13 international students for the 2018-19 school year
- We are blessed to share our community with 21 Imago Dei School students for the 2018-19 school year. IDS is our school within a school which serves students with developmental disabilities like autism
- Libertas Preparatory is our Independent study program for students who wish to share in our culture and community by taking a few classes on campus and participating in sports and events
- Student/faculty ratio is 5:1 and the average class size is 18.
- There are 31 Upper School faculty members, and the student-teacher ratio in grades 9-12 is 5:1; sections range from 2-21 students
- There are over 120 full- and part-time faculty and staff. Of our Upper School teachers, 58% hold advanced (Master’s and Ph.D.) degrees.
- The Academy emphasizes the core academic disciplines of literature, mathematics, history, foreign language, theology and science, and visual and performing arts
- An Academy distinctive is a four-year course of study in Rhetoric including advanced composition, beginning disputation, advanced disputation and a culminating senior thesis
- STEM - there are various AP and Honors Science and Math classes, as well as an AP Computer Programming class. Almost half of our graduates have gone on to college in a STEM major. Our students are well prepared for college in any of the STEM disciplines.
- 12 Advanced Placement courses
- 22 Dual Credit courses
- Visual and performing arts offerings
- Theology and Science are one department, as they marry beautifully
- Bible and History are taught along the same timeline
- Latin is offered in grades 3-12
- The Trinity athletics program is guided by a commitment to excellence embodied in a set of Christ-like core values. The Core Values are Integrity, Camaraderie, and Victory.
- Athletics are available to all grades, K-12, with skills clinics being offered to the youngest, and CIF competition being a part of the high school program
- For more details and to register, visit www.trinityknights.net
- Co-curricular opportunties include House leadership (student council), theater, musical and vocal ensembles, visual arts, photography, chess, and robotics
- Various clubs meet regularly during lunch
- Discipleship groups, led by faculty, meet regularly during lunch
- Students wear uniforms
- Students attend chapel service six times a year
- Upper school students interact with grammar school students during our scheduled "buddies" time
- Peer Mentors and Noble Knights are students who invest time and energy into students from our Imago Dei School
- Trinity Classical Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is a member of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS)
- The Academy has approximately 131 alumni
- 100% have been accepted to a four-year college or university
- 97% have been accepted to multiple colleges
- 95% are attending or have graduated from a four-year college or university
- Trinity is located in the city of Santa Clarita, which is the third largest city in Los Angeles county and is located 25 miles north of the city of Los Angeles
- Santa Clarita includes the communities of Valencia, Saugus, Canyon Country, Newhall, Stevenson Ranch and Castaic
- The community is enriched by the resources of The Masters University, College of the Canyons and The California Institute of the Arts